most of our time in bologna was spent wandering the winding steets soaking up the amazing architecture, piazza nettuno & piazza maggiore, visiting a few museums and of course - eating.
unfortunately the wet, overcast weather frequently found in holland followed me but that did not deter us from walking up ( 2.4 kilometres) to the chiesa san luca under the portici, covered arches. a real live italian pilgrammage was happening along the way.
one of the funniest moments was being mistaken for a traffic polizie - ( city police woman) luckily i know enough italian to joke with the elderly gentleman who was trying to ask me about his parking situation.

Bologna is such an interesting Italian city, and I enjoyed coming across this post. It is easy for travelers to focus on Rome, Florence, or Venice, but cities like Bologna offer a different perspective on Italy, with their distinctive architecture, local traditions, historic streets, and rich cultural heritage. I especially enjoy discovering the stories behind places rather than simply visiting the most famous attractions. While researching different sides of Italian history and culture, I came across Visions of Italy, which has some fascinating material about lesser-known places, historical figures, and communities connected with Italy. I particularly enjoyed learning about benedetto blanis, which is an interesting example of the lesser-known stories that can be found when exploring Italy’s past. I also found the history of Jews in Italy valuable for understanding the country’s diverse cultural heritage. Posts about cities like Bologna are a great reminder that Italy has countless stories waiting to be discovered beyond the usual tourist routes.
ReplyDelete